They say that a picture paints a thousand words. But with Instagram – although a visual social media medium – nailing great Instagram captions is almost as critical as the image you post.
Ask any Instagram influencer, and they will most likely tell you that the more comments, likes, and shares they generate, the more they are able to gain partnerships with good brands. Why? It’s mainly because the algorithms of Instagram focus on engagement. This means that Instagram post creation and strategy are important.
D6 Interactive, your Dallas social media company, shares why your caption matters, and offers tips on how you can give a voice to your visual content.
Why your caption matters
The captions you write lets you express your brand’s personality and voice in ways that a photo cannot do alone. Personify your business, share stories, and tell jokes by talking directly to your followers.
Captions allow you to engage with your audience. If you take a lot of time to take incredible photos for your account but simply whip out a caption in a matter of seconds, then my friend, you are missing opportunities.
Add careful consideration to your Instagram captions by doing the following:
1. Put the most important information first; front-load the essential stuff. Remember, this is the first thing that people see. They won’t read the rest of your message if you cannot capture their attention with your first few words.
2. If you are a business, keep your messages concise and short. Do not forget to include a call-to-action to engage your followers and boost the share potential of your posts! Example: Double-tap if you find this post funny!
3. Get creative on encouraging engagement. Spark real conversations. Ask questions. Seek opinions. Draw users’ experiences by encouraging people to talk about their own experiences. Bonus: doing this will help you formulate new content ideas.
4. Be relatable. It’s a fact that relatable posts receive higher user engagement. Don’t hesitate to show the human side of your business.
5. Use hashtags. This will help users find your content organically. Hashtags are wonderful for connecting users who are not otherwise connected to each other, but are interested in the same type of content. They are also a clever way to add some humor and fun into your posts.
Engagement and interest are some of the main things that Instagram considers when prioritizing content. More engagement equals more visibility and exposure for your posts.
Do you need help in creating social content that encourage greater engagement? Your local Dallas social media company can help!